You have TWO options for the Honor Band auditions:
Option 1 is to submit the Nebraska All State Audition Material
- This will include scales, All-State etudes, and excerpt
- Audio requirements for students who auditioned for the NMEA All-State Band
- The audio you made for the All-State Auditions can be submitted just as you made it for the All-State audition, or you may make another recording.
- Be sure to review the final audio to ensure it plays back properly before uploading the file to https://audition.zone/doaneffw
- If you have not made an audio recording for All-State, follow the procedures outlined below.
Option 2 is to submit your own audio recording of the following:
- Chromatic scale, full range of your instrument
- A-Flat major concert scale (two octaves whenever possible)
Prepare the required etude below
Audio requirements for students who are recording option 2 or have not made the All-State recording
- Auditions should be limited to six minutes.
- Each audition should consist of three parts: the playing of the chromatic scale and the playing of the A-Flat concert scale (two octaves ascending and descending) and the required etude
- Be sure to read the audio recording guidelines to ensure your audio is formatted properly and of the highest possible quality.
- Please identify yourself at the beginning of the audio saying, “This is (Name of Student), from (Name of School), auditioning on (instrument).
- Auditions are to be performed in ONE TAKE - DO NOT pause the audio between segments. You may re-record the chromatic scale and prepared etude as many times as necessary.
- Review the audio recording to ensure it plays back properly before uploading the file to https://audition.zone/doaneffw
Doane Honor Band Instructions for Uploading
All items below MUST be completed by 11:59 pm Monday night, October 2nd. The online application and upload process should take between 10 and 15 minutes. Unlike All-State auditions, you may do all of this by yourself at home without the supervision or help of your teacher. If you choose to upload from school, be sure to work with your teacher as school IT systems may prohibit you from doing so.
*Once your audition has been submitted, you will not be able to make changes.
If you are uploading from school:
Be sure to consult with your director before doing so. Some schools may block your audio file, so you might need permission from the school to do so.
For questions regarding the application process or audition guidelines, please contact Dr. Andrew Feyes at email@example.com.